The Beauty of Motherhood
Discover the beautiful vocation of motherhood!
The Cana marriage is the only occasion in Sacred Scripture where Mary, the Mother of Jesus, is mentioned before Him. It is very likely that it was one of her relatives who was being married, and possible that she was present at the wedding before Him....
The lesson of Cana is that Mary intercedes to gain us what we need, without our always knowing our needs. Neither the wine steward nor the diners knew that the wine was failing; therefore, they could not ask for help. In like manner, if we do not know what our soul needs, how can we put such needs in our prayers? Often we do not know what is vital to our lives..." Bishop Fulton J. Sheen
Inside the January-Feburary 2014 issue
Letter from the Publisher
- A Model of Motherhood
- The Feminine Mystique Critiqued
- The Role of the Mother in the Modern World
Faith and Morals
- Liturgy: Roman Liturgy in the Light of the East
- Doctrine: Can God Be Named?
- History: The Inquisition Defended
- Lives of the Saints: St. Rita of Cascia, Saint of the Impossible
- Family Life: A Mother's Spiritual Love
- Questions and Answers
- Church and World
- Theological Studies
Letters to the Editor
The Last Word