The Angelus - March / April 2023: 10 Years of Pope Francis
At the beginning of his pontificate, during the World Youth Day on Copacabana Beach in 2013, Pope Francis exhorted the youth to “¡Hagan lio!” or “Make a mess!”
In the ten years since that event, the Pope himself has caused a staggering amount of chaos in the Church by seemingly ignoring its doctrinal and moral patrimony. Consider his disturbing interviews with atheist Eugenio Scalfari, the implicit permission for the divorced and remarried to receive Holy Communion found in Amoris Laetitia, paying homage to the rites of the Amazonians towards their Pachamama idol, changing the catechism to reverse the Church’s constant teaching on the death penalty, destroying the flourishing order of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate, inviting globalists to the Vatican to talk about sustainability goals, and reversing Summorum Pontificum with Traditionis Custodes.
These events manifest a deepening of the Passion that the Church has been undergoing since the Second Vatican Council, a new swelling of the waves rocking the Barque of Peter. It is a call to all those who love Holy Mother Church to redouble their prayers for the ending of this crisis which has so worsened under the pontificate of Pope Francis.
The work of the Society of St. Pius X for the Church has become all the more important in the last decade. In the midst of such disorder and confusion, the SSPX has continued to provide stable communities for families to raise their children in the Catholic Faith. These communities make available all of the resources necessary for an integrally Catholic life, a life which is centered on the Mass of all time, but which also has need of schools, pilgrimages, retreats, summer camps, seminaries and convents.
By faithfully following the line set by Archbishop Lefebvre, the SSPX has been able to remain constant in the midst of a terrible storm. It continues to offer its services to the Church and to all souls seeking refuge in a most confusing time.
Fr. John Fullerton
- ¡Hagan lío!: The messy relationship between the SSPX and Pope Francis
Fr. Ian Andrew Palko, SSPX
- Pope Francis & Amoris Laetitia
Fr. Jonathan Loop, SSPX
- Timeline: Major Events of Francis’s Papacy
- Fratelli Tutti: The Pope of Universal Brotherhood
- Pope Francis and Islam: Deception or Illusion?
Fr. Guillaume Gaud , Translated by Mary Molliné
- The Idolatrous Veneration of the Pachamama Statuettes
- Four Principles—One Foreordained Conclusion
John Rao, D.Phil. Oxon.
- Review of Two Timely Issues by Arnaldo Xavier da Silveira
Reviewed by Fr. Paul Robinson, SSPX
- Review of The Seven Last Words of Our Lord Upon the Cross
Reviewed by Marie Keiser
- Review of To Change the Church by Ross Douthat
Reviewed by Fr. Ian Andrew Palko, SSPX
- From the Archbishop: The Conspiracy of the Alta Vendita of the Carbonari
Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
- Lexicon of the Crisis: “Tradition”
Fr. Paul Robinson, SSPX
- Interview: My Path to Tradition
- Art: Anastasis: The Icon of the Resurrection of Christ
- Scripture: Meditations on St. John’s Gospel—Chapter Seventeen
- Questions & Answers
Fr. Juan Carlos Iscara, SSPX
THE LAST WORD - Fr. David Sherry, SSPX