The Angelus: Luther
During the joyful centenary of Fatima, why does The Angelus focus on Luther? Because like our commemoration of Lent, the Church must remember its moments of sadness and crisis so that we can both learn from our history, and reflect on Holy Mother Church's resilience throughout her most seemingly hopeless trials.
Excerpt from the publisher:
It took only 50 years of Lutheranism to set all Europe on fire with moral and social disaster. What the Church needed at that time was not a revolution from the bottom, but reform from the top. The real reform came—but alas— 50 years too late! It nonetheless came with certainty, and worked wonders in the wake of the great Council of Trent, bringing about the Counterreformation."
Read this issue online
Subscribe to The Angelus
Purchase this issue
- Luther’s Life: From Fear to Blind Trust by Fr. Dominique Bourmaud, SSPX
- Luther’s Spiritual Journey by Fr. J. M. Mestre, SSPX
- Private Interpretation: Reviewing Saint Augustine by Douglas LeBlanc
- The Reformation Goes East by Gabriel S. Sanchez
- An Interview with a Convert from Protestantism Interview with Mrs. Laura Patten Sanchez
- Catholic Reformation: And The Never-Ending Battle Versus the “Customary” by Dr. John Rao
- Tradition: a Treasure Received to be Handed Down by Abbé François-Marie Chautard
Faith and Morals
- Exsurge Domine Extracts from Exsurge Domine of Pope Leo X Condemning the Errors of Martin Luther, June 15, 1520
- Feasts of Our Lady: The Annunciation by Fr. Christopher Danel
- Catholics and Protestants Since Vatican II by Fr. Jean-Michel Gleize, SSPX
- An Irish Writer and Apostle for Christ the King by Fr. Dominique Bourmaud, SSPX
- Good Works by a Benedictine Monk
- Mont Saint-Michel by Dr. Marie-France Hilgar
- My Child’s First Experience with Death by SSPX Sisters
Questions and Answers
- What is the Church’s teaching regarding Gregorian Masses?
- Are vows different from promises? Is it advisable to make a private vow?
- How should we go about with our spiritual reading?
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral New York
News from Tradition
- Extreme Unction for Those Committing Euthanasia?
- The Saving of Medieval Murals
- The Church in Brazil
- Pope Francis Portrayed as Martin Luther
- Pope Francis—Where is Your Mercy?
- Evangelical Seminarians Becoming Catholics
- Christmas Celebrated in the Middle East
- Pastoral Council Open for Debate Conference Given by Bishop Fellay
- The Last Word by Fr. Daniel Couture, SSPX