A communique has been issued by the SSPX's General House in response to Bishop Williamson's episcopal consecration of Fr. Faure, both formerly of the Society.
The Society of St. Pius X's General House in Menzingen, Switzerland has published a communique concerning Bishop Richard Williamson's episcopal consecration of Fr. Jean-Michel Faure—both expelled from the SSPX "because of their violent criticisms of any relations with the Roman authorities."
The communique goes on to declare:
The Society of St. Pius X denounces this episcopal consecration of Fr. Faure, which, despite the assertions of both clerics concerned, is not at all comparable to the consecrations of 1988. All the declarations of Bishop Williamson and Fr. Faure prove abundantly that they no longer recognize the Roman authorities, except in a purely rhetorical manner."
To better understand Archbishop Lefebvre's motives and justification for undertaking the 1988 Episcopal Consecrations, we suggest these items on our website:
- Studies on 1988 Episcopal Consecrations
- 1988 Episcopal Consecrations sermon
- One year after the Consecrations
- 25th anniversary reflections on 1988 Consecrations
- Bishop Fellay: "Our gratitude is very great today"
- SSPX's bishops' declaration for 25th anniversary