We offer here a listing of articles related to the scandalous interreligious prayer meetings held in the Italian town of Assisi, home and resting place of St. Francis.
These articles have been specially grouped in the right-hand sidebar: Assisi: a scandal!
- Archbishop Lefebvre's condemnation of Assisi I (1986)
- SSPX press release about Assisi II (2002)
- Why Assisi III (2011) was a scandal
Though not listed in the "Assisi Scandals" sidebar, we would be remiss if we omitted mentioning an important study that pinpoints the practical effect of false ecumenism:
While it was Pope John Paul II who coined the term "silent apostasy" in describing the post-concilar crisis, unfortunately he failed to grasp the root, let alone rectify this grevious error within his own pontificate.
This is just one reason why the SSPX has serious concerns about the proposed canonization of Pope John Paul II as explained in this article, Doubts of the SSPX about beatifying Pope John Paul II, also just published on this new site.
Some other reading suggestions available from Angelus Press:
- Pope John Paul II"s Theological Journey to the Prayer Meeting of Religious in Assisi (part 2): Volume 1 | Volume 2 | Volume 3
- Catechism of the Crisis in the Church
- Religious Liberty Questioned
- I Accuse the Council!
- Iota Unum (A Study of the Changes in the Catholic Church in the 20th Century)