July 05 - July 10, 2021
St. Thomas More Priory, Sanford, FL
Retreats at St. Thomas More Priory begin at 12 noon on Monday, and end at 12 noon on Saturday.
Pricing and registration will be available soon.
For more information, please contact the priory >>
Why Attend a Retreat?
A list of reasons why you should attend a retreat—even if you have an "excuse" not to!
A retreat consists of a series of spiritual conferences, structured meditations and an opportunity to make a general confession. Silence is kept throughout the retreat, though the retreatants have the opportunity to speak with a priest for spiritual advice.
So effective are retreats for the development and enrichment of the spiritual life, that it is strongly recommended that Catholics attend a retreat at least once a year.
- You have converted recently, and you thirst to learn more about the Catholic Faith that is now at the center of your life.
- You want to learn how to live as a good Christian in this corrupted world. Attend a retreat: there you will get the straight answers you seek.
- You’re burdened with sin and don’t know how to deal with it. There is an answer for you: the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. There, you will find the strength and weapons for victory.
- You’ve been a Catholic a long time, even your whole life. Now you feel that your practice of religion is becoming routine. At times, you even have doubts about the Catholic Faith or Tradition. You really need to straighten out your life before it’s too late: so attend a retreat soon!
- You’re about to make important decisions that will affect your career, the future of your family, or the education of your children… A retreat will give you the best opportunity to make the right decision, putting everything in the right place. Take time to think about such decisions during a good retreat!
- You want to become more fervent and improve your spiritual life: you need the Spiritual Exercises. It is a proven method, approved by the Church and recommended by many saints.
- “But, I have no time!” Actually this isn’t true: if you really want to come, you will find the time. This is a very serious matter: the eternal salvation of your soul. If you review your schedule, you will find a 5-day timeframe that can work for you.
- “But, I am not very educated!” That doesn’t matter: like the preaching of Our Lord, the Ignatian Exercises can be grasped by all men.
- “Others may need a retreat, but I don’t.” Are you so sure you will become a saint? Retreatants have frequently told us afterwards that they had no idea how much they needed their retreat.