Tu es Petrus et super hanc petram aedificabo Ecclesiam meam.
Thou art Peter! With these sublime words, Our Lord placed His Church firmly upon the bedrock of the papacy; upon Peter and his successors. These men, from Peter down to the currently reigning pope, have determined, more than anyone else, the course of the world. They are the authority to which every person on Earth must be subject, and the principle of unity given by Christ to protect His Church until the Second Coming. But do we really understand this sublime office?
In the present crisis, it is more necessary than ever to examine the nature of the papacy, from its Scriptural and cultural foundations, through the doctrinal teaching surrounding the office. What are the limits of Peter's power? What are his prerogatives? These questions and many more were discussed in our 2012 Conference for Catholic Tradition: The Papacy.
Topics and speakers:
- The Church: Heir of the Roman Empire, by Dr. John C. Rao, D. Phil. (Oxon.)
- Scriptural Foundations of the Papacy, by Fr. Daniel Themann, SSPX
- St. Catherine of Siena, by Mr. Christopher Check, M.A.
- The Great Western Schism and the Lesson for Today, by Fr. Juan-Carlos Iscara, SSPX
- The History of Papal Infallibility, by Mr. Joshua Hayes, M.A.
- St. Pius X: History and Biography, by Dr. John C. Rao, D. Phil. (Oxon.)
- The Society of St. Pius X and the Spirit of Pope St. Pius X, by Bishop Bernard Fellay, Superior General, SSPX
- The Pontificate of Pope Pius XII, by Mr. Andrew J. Clarendon, M.A.
- The Question of Collegiality, by Fr. Albert, O.P.
- Is Sedevacantism an Option? A Debate between Fr. Patrick Rutledge, SSPX, and Fr. Daniel Themann, SSPX
- Conclusion, by Fr. Arnaud Rostand, US District Superior, SSPX
14 CD audio set