The U.S. District’s first Eucharistic Congress was held at La Salette Boys Academy May 13-15 at the same time Harvard’s Extension Club proposed holding a Black Mass in Boston. Harvard’s plans were cancelled while the Eucharistic Congress continued.
Reparation and honor to Our Lord present in the Holy Eucharist included six conferences, exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, a procession, and Pontifical Mass.
This event was the culmination of a school year dedicated to the theme of the Holy Eucharist under the patronage of St. Thomas Aquinas.
Conferences drew from the knowledge and scholarship in the U.S. District:
- St. Pius X and the Blessed Eucharist, Fr. Arnaud Rostand, District Superior
- Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament, Fr. Steven McDonald, Assistant to the District Superior
- St. John’s Gospel, Chapter VI: Miracle of the loaves and fishes, Fr. Patrick Rutledge, District Bursar
- Thanksgiving after Communion, Fr. Patrick Abbet, Vice-Rector of St. Thomas Aquinas Seminary
- The Mass and the Holy Eucharist, Fr. Joseph Wood, Professor of Liturgy and Latin at St. Thomas Aquinas Seminary
- The Three Prayers Preceding Holy Communion, Fr. Thomas Scott, St. Vincent de Paul Priory in Kansas City, MO
5 CD audio set