To request a Mass intention, please note the following fees (USD only):
- For one Mass: $20 (USD only)
- For a novena of Masses (9 consecutive Masses): $200 (USD only)
- For a series of Gregorian Masses (30 consecutive Masses): $800 (USD only)
- The stipend in no way corresponds with the value of a Mass, which is of infinite value. Expressions such as: “How much does a Mass cost?” or “How much is it for a Mass?” are inaccurate and should not be used. The correct form is: “What is the stipend for a Mass?”
- Given the small number of priests and the great number of Masses which we are asked to offer, it is almost impossible for us to give specific dates when the Masses will be celebrated.
- Unlike other donations which are given directly to the Society or its chapels, Mass stipends are given directly to the priest who celebrates the Mass and therefore these are not classified as tax-deductible contributions; consequently, it is not possible for us to give an income tax receipt.
- We ask those who wish to have Masses said to please indicate clearly on a piece of paper their name, the intention of the Mass to be said (including, if applicable, the name of any person(s) for whom the intention is associated) and to put this information and the stipend in an envelope for the priest (celebrant). Also, please indicate whether the person for whom a Mass is intended is deceased or living.
- NB: Those unable to pay this new stipend rate should speak with their local pastor in order to request a Mass for a lower stipend.
Where to send Mass requests
Regina Coeli House
11485 N. Farley Road
Platte City, MO 64079
Please include a check for the proper amount in US dollars only made out to:
Society of St. Pius X
and a note detailing how many Masses and their respective intentions.